At Cheetah’s Rock the welfare and happiness of our animals is paramount. We ask our guests to be kind and respectful to our animals at all times. We ask our guests to listen to their guide. This will keep you, the animals and other guests safe and make your visit an enjoyable experience. We cannot accept guests under the age of 15 years old. Our prices are strictly non-negotiable. We ask guests to wear suitable clothing – jeans/shorts (no skirts, dresses, also no bulky trousers, flip flops or jewelry). Please don’t wear overpowering aftershaves or perfumes – our animals have sensitive noses.
Make sure to send a booking request (book now) to book the tour online before you can visit us. With your booking confirmation you will receive more important information about your tour.
Generally, Zanzibar offers a pleasant climate. From time to time we face strong tropical rain falls. As our activities are mostly outdoors for the well- being of our animals, please be aware that you might get a little wet. You cannot bring any umbrellas as our animals are afraid of them for the safety of our animals. In the worst case we need to cancel the experience and you will not get charged the tour fee, or you will get it refunded if you prepaid.
Please note: We never give commission to beach touts or third party agents. Please ensure you book directly with us (book now).
Payment & travel costs
- The cost is US$140 per person. This includes roundtrip transfer from most locations on Zanzibar. We cannot process credit cards. Please pay in cash -any currency is welcome – at the end of your visit, or send us the fee via bank wire transfer in advance. We will provide you with our bank information in this case. The amount of the fee in any currency other than USD is calculated at the commercial “Buy US Dollars” rate.
- For guests requesting transfer from locations relatively far from us, primarily on the Southeast Coast, we offer transport for a surcharge of US$20 for the driver and his car, not for us, for the round trip, not per person. In our experience, this is considerably less than if you were to book transportation on your own from such a place.
- For guests who prefer to drive to our place on their own, which we discourage due to the terrain and lack of good traffic signage, but accept as an alternative, the fee for visiting Cheetah’s Rock is US$120 per person.
What to wear
- Please wear shorts or jeans. Moving or billowing skirts, long dresses or jewelry will likely get the attention of predators and is strongly discouraged.
- Please wear comfortable, sensible footwear – trainers or boots are ideal. Please do not wear flip flops, loose sandals or anything that will cause you to trip or stumble.
All our tours are given in English. This is necessary to accommodate our guests from all over the world. Guests are encouraged but not required to have basic understanding of English. This is so you get the most out of all the fascinating information about our wild animals presented to you on the tour. If you love animals but don’t speak much English, you are welcome. Please respect the guide giving instructions in a foreign language and don’t disturb her.
We strive to respond to all your inquiries within 24 hours, every day of the week. However, please notice that we are not a large organization with a call centre. There may be disruptions to the internet on Zanzibar causing a rare delay of our response. Please book well in advance.