A Once in a (Wild-) Lifetime Experience
VIP Otter Experience! Cuteness Overload
What to expect
The otter crew, Bloody Mary, Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Hook & Captain Blackbeard invite you to their pirate bay! You will get the unique opportunity to swim & play with them whilst one of our staff members can take pictures of your memorable adventure. So do not forget to bring a camera (preferably waterproof). In this absolutely unique opportunity, to ensure a personal experience this private event is for your group only. Hence there is only one spot available per day & bookings need to be done as soon as possible to ensure availability.
What not to expect
As at Cheetah’s Rock, the animals always come first, there are no chemicals in the pool so you cannot expect crystal clear water. Naturally, animals not only explore the environment with their hand but also their mouths and might give you a nibble. So do not expect them to act like well-behaved kids but playful rascals. Everything is always under the supervision of our qualified staff and it is not allowed for guests to restrain the otters.
The experience will start at a time of your choice on Mondays, Fridays & Saturdays and at 9:30am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. The entire experience lasts approximately 2 hours.
What to wear and bring
- Plain swimsuits and a towel, if you like to get into the water with the otters, which is the real fun of this experience.
- Cameras (Preferably Waterproof)
- Please do not wear anti insect repellent or sun tan lotion etc.
Is food offered?
When you book the combined Great Wildlife Tour and VIP Otter Experience, we will gladly organise lunch for you in a nearby hotel (restaurant fee not included in the price).
Payment and Travel Costs
- The cost is US$150 per person with a minimum booking for 2 people. If you book the combined Great Wildlife Tour & VIP Otter Experience, the cost is 280$ per person. This includes round-trip transfer from most locations on Zanzibar. We cannot process credit cards. Please pay in cash -any currency is welcome – at the end of your visit, or send us the fee via bank wire transfer in advance. We will provide you with our bank information in this case. The amount of the fee in any currency other than USD is calculated at the commercial “Buy US Dollars” rate.
- This fee takes into account that we recently rescued further wild animals and erected additional enclosures. We have plans for further expansions to offer even more space to our rescued wild animals. Your fee contributes to all of this.
- For guests requesting transfer from locations relatively far from us, primarily on the South-east Coast, we offer transport for a surcharge of US$20 for the driver and his car, not for us, for the round trip, not per person. In our experience, this is considerably less than if you were to book transportation on your own from such a place.